Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First weekend in Taganga

Playa Grande
I ventured to the beach for reals over the weekend, to read and relax.  It’s a really cool secluded beach (Playa Grande) that requires a 15 minute hike over the hills to get to.  But it’s totally worth it, really nice water, not too cold (but certainly not warm), super sunny, and warm soft sand.

Today was a little sad though, as my first real friends (like we’re facebook friends, so you know it’s legit) left this morning, so also I had my first real goodbye.  They were a cool group of Australians and New Zealanders (except many had also lived in London, Ireland, the state, so their accents were all over the place), 7 in total, most were friends on a big trip.

It should be good though, they were big drinkers, and I had trouble saying no to them.  Like last night I was trying to write a little more about the trip, and Jules (the guy who I knew the best) walks into my room with two cold beers and says, ‘yeah man, I hate to see you like this, you gotta come drink with us.’  It was only still early evening, but they’d been at it since 3, though it was their last night.  So we drained a few beers and hit up the town.  We ended up dancing with a bunch of locals behind a bar, outside down by the beach.  The locals are all crazy good dancers.  Probably the highlight was when we were all dancing barefoot, this scorpion came crawling by, no more than 2 feet from my foot.  I was glad I was a little drunk, or I would have freaked out.

In the end them leaving will be good, as I’m starting my Spanish lessons this week and the less I want to go out drinking, the better...

No comments:

Post a Comment