Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The curious case of the disappearing shirt

Back in Colombia, after the Lost City tour, I got a free t-shirt that I was absolutely stoked about.  While traveling, a new shirt equals a clean shirt, need I say more.  However, after the first wash the shirt lost about an inch off the bottom, the second wash lost an additional inch, and so on.  This pattern has continued for each subsequent wash, and now the shirt shows my belly button and it’s getting tougher and tougher to wear in public.

As this trend doesn’t seem to be slowing, I’d like to pose a question (using the dichotomy paradox – which says in order to reach your destination you must first reach the half-way point, and then half of a half, and then half of a half of a half…) can a shirt really disappear? I’ll report back…

No comments:

Post a Comment