Friday, April 27, 2012

A bird with a 6ft wingspan

For the girl’s last day we hit up the Colca Canyon.  We were all very excited about our last big adventure sans one thing, the canyon is about 4 hours away from Arequipa, so we’d have be up at 2:30am for the bus…

I’d be lying if I said I remembered the whole day, because I was going on no sleep and much of the day was spent in a bus.  I know we drove about 3 hours to Chivay, and then another hour or so to the Cruz del Condor where you get a great view of the canyon and the birds flying.  We also stopped many time along the way at various villages with different activities:








The tour was pretty good, by far the highlight was watching the condors fly around, and we were lucky to see them as it doesn’t always happen.  Towards the end, Savannah, Sahar and I all felt like typically terrible American tourist: speaking only in loud English, being late for the bus, sleeping most of the bus ride, and being so tired at times to even leave the bus.  Overall it was a bit rough, but the condors made the whole trip worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment