Friday, May 11, 2012

My last big adventure – The Little Galapagos

It wasn’t really that crazy of an adventure, but for $20 it's a great bang for your buck: tons of birds, penguins (which are really birds but I feel deserve their own category), sea lions, jelly fish, and dolphins.  It was great fun.

I took a bus from Pisco to Paracas which is right on the water, and then onto a speed boat.  We saw the Candalaria, a giant picture in the sand.  It’s unknown who made it, when, or what it’s purpose, but it’s cool looking:



Then we continued on to the islands which was incredible and just filled with wildlife.  There used to be 22.5 millions bird but now only 300 thousands, which is crazy to imagine nearly 100 times more birds flying around above me.





 

It should be nothing but relaxation and smooth sailing from here on out, but if it’s not then I managed to stumble into a truly big adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment