Friday, March 23, 2012

I was robbed…

I’d been traveling for 2 months in South America, a place where getting robbed is like crossing the street, it happens all the time.  This was more or less, inevitable…

I didn’t lose much, just my dignity and pride (so again not much), and my lunch.  The culprit:

The look of guilt
It was mostly my fault, I got lazy and let my guard down for just a second.  I had brought bread rolls with ham and cheese (my staple lunch) in hopes of making a nice lunch while at Iguazu falls.  I had set everything out, meat and cheese in a packet ready to go while I cut the bread.  I saw the creature (thief) out of the corner of my eye, approaching ever so cunning, climb on his hind legs right at the edge of the table holding the meat/cheese.  I had but a second to react, but I froze and he got away clean.  I swear I saw him chuckle as he ran off.

As I sat down on a bench to eat just the bread, he returned with his family (I’m kidding – gang) of about 10 and they ran me off my bench, which to an anteater is equivalent to running someone out of town.   

 
Well my friend, you may have won round one, and round two, but I’ll have my revenge…

PS. Everyone else thinks the anteaters are super cute which annoys me, they also all give me concerned looks when I try to kick and throw rocks at them, which annoys me even more.  If only those people knew what I knew, I feel like I’m getting setup…

2 comments:

  1. My cousin plays volleyball for the UC Irvine anteaters. Next time I see him I'll reassure him that anteaters can indeed strike fear into grown men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it was possible, but there's good chance you've gotten even funnier since leaving.

    ReplyDelete