Monday, March 12, 2012

Pucon, Chile

They say that if god mixed up the whole world and rolled out just one country, that country would be Chile.  If the rest of Chile is anything like the magical 5 days I spent here, I’d say they were right...

It’s a total tourist town, but I didn’t care, it’s still a sweet place.  My hostel was also one of my tops for the trip.  Hostel El Refugio had it all, a couple friendly girls that spoke perfect English at reception, hiking maps ready and printed on the walls, all activities with prices, times, and explanations, and a 4-day weather forecast with accompanying daily activity recommendations. The people staying there were also great.  By the time I arrived on Sunday, it was already getting late.  Luckily just as I was getting settled some other travelers offered me the rest of their dinner, and some wine! 

My first day I opted for a hike to Lake Caburgua and then Ojos de Caburgua (the waterfalls).  I’ve noticed that nearly every town in South America has a walk to a waterfall, but this was actually something special, 4 different falls all feeding into one large pool, pretty sweet:


Playa Blanca
Ojos de Caburgua
Three of the waterfalls
and the fourth

No comments:

Post a Comment