Friday, January 27, 2012

My home away from home - Taganga


Small fishing town of Taganga
Taganga is by far the smallest place I’ve seen this trip, it’s a little beach town about a 10 minute bus ride from Santa Marta.  It’s great though, they have a really good Spanish school with private tutors, it’s very near my launch point for a 5-day excursion through the jungle, and the beach here is much more chill than the bigger cities.  It’s poifect!

I found my home almost instantly, right off the main road at Hostal Pelikan.  Right off the bat, I lounged in one of the many hammocks and met my first friends of the trip, a large group of Australian travelers who were doing a world tour, along with a New Zealand woman who been cycling around the world.  She has a pretty cool website, www.indianajune.com.

We all quickly ventured to the beach for a swim, and spent the evening drinking Aguila and exploring the town filled with hundreds of stray dogs and beachfront bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment