Thursday, January 26, 2012

The morning in Cartagena

Cartagena, the city I flew into and spent the first night, is a beautiful place.  It’s just over a million people, with some super clean beaches, right on the Caribbean…  well, at least that’s what I read, because after exploring the town for part of the morning, I blew town for something smaller.

I’d done a bit of research, and found what I believe to be one of the best Spanish schools in the area: private tutors, reasonable price, and in a quaint little beach town.  I was headed there immediately!

During my morning, I hit up Cartagena’s old town, which is filled with a huge stone wall, an even bigger fortress, Castillo San Felipe De Barajas, that you can go inside and see the dungeons (for a moment I got lost down there and it was terrifying!) and the cannons on top.  I also walked by a clock tower and lots of cathedrals.  But my time here was short lived, and I had to move on….

Dungeons in Castillo San Felipe De Barajes
Fortress in Cartagena

No comments:

Post a Comment