Friday, February 24, 2012

1 down – 3 to go…

I can’t believe that it’s already been a month, in some ways it’s gone incredibly fast, and in others not so much.  A brief summary:
  • I just took my first warm water shower a couple days ago.  Even though it’s incredibly hot and smug, there is a certain satisfaction that a warm shower gives to the cold alternative…
  • I recognized a popular Spanish on the radio today, which is crazy because I don’t speak Spanish and I rarely hear music
  • The hardest part of solo traveling are the swings, one day I’ll be hanging out with people that could be my best friends, the next, I’ll be completely alone and barely see or speak to anyone, it’s just strange…
  • It’s hard to image staying out here until May, but it would seem even stranger to be heading back any sooner
  • In one month I’ve tried to learn Spanish, meet 15 truly new friends, hiked for a week straight, been to a crazy Carnival party with all Colombians, read 4 books, started a blog, and been on a bus for 21 straight hours.  I wonder what next month will bring…

No comments:

Post a Comment