Monday, February 6, 2012

I’m 27…

How weird, today is my birthday, but it oddly doesn’t feel like it.  It could be the obnoxiously warm weather in what usually feels like winter, or the fact that everyone is speaking Spanish, whatever it is, something just feels different.

I didn’t do anything too crazy today, just hit up breakfast, lunch and dinner at my 3 favorite spots in Taganga, had a Spanish lesson in the afternoon, relaxed on the beach as the sun was setting, and had a few beers down by the beach that night.

The setting sun in Taganga
I also got another chance to hangout with my new friend Zach.  He’s a pretty interesting dude, lives on a boat, rocks a mohawk, yet is super knowledgeable about South America after traveling in these parts for over a year.  After being around him for just a couple days, I have about 100 places to check out over the next few months.

I went down to the beach that night, and found a big group of locals and backpackers playing music and hanging out, right by the water.  It was pretty sweet.

All in all, I wouldn’t say this was my favorite birthday, but it’s certainly one I’ll never forget…

PS.  Thanks to everyone for the birthday messages and cards.  You guys all rock and I miss you.  Wish you all could be here with me along the way!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome, Kevin...Rock on, this is truly your time to shine

    ReplyDelete