Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Learning Spanish – Part Dos


My Spanish teacher - Yelisa
I had my final Spanish lesson today, and for a variety of reasons I’m very glad to done.  I was getting a little tired of having the middle of my day dedicated to studying, and I’m super ready to blow town.  Taganga is cool, but really small, I’ve pretty much seen it all… twice. 

The Spanish really started to click after about the third day, I had a few legit conversations with my Spanish teacher, and actually kinda knew what she was saying (she was talking very slowly, and using 2 year old language, but still).

As the lessons continued and I studied in my free time, I could order more effectively in restaurants, pay for my hostel, get directions, and ride the bus, it made it just so much easier.  These weren’t conversations so much as me saying something in Spanish and having the other person not be totally confused, but it’s a good start.  I know enough now to get around South America.

However, I’m pretty convinced that right now, this is the most Spanish I’m going to know the whole trip.  I write in English, read books in English, seek out other English speakers, it’s just how it is.  Even if I only remember the most important 25%, that’ll be plenty to get me around… I’m ouza!!

Ok, headin into the jungle, be back in 5 days!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like she forgot to teach you how to say "Where's the nearest barber shop?"

    ReplyDelete